Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gabriel

Well hello there .... my name is Gabriel and I would like to know where I can file a feline discrimination complaint. Anyone here at the Yarmouth SPCA will be quick to tell you what a snugglebug I am .... in fact I distinctly heard someone joking that they didn't know that teddy bears could purr.
Yet some of you humans have the oddest idea that somehow we black kitty cats will bring you bad luck.
Did you know that in olden days, fishermen's wives believed that having a black cat in the house would ensure that their husbands would always come home safe from the sea?
Did you know that many black cats are at least part Burmese .... which means that we make very loyal and affectionate companions.
As an adult, I can promise that I won't wake you up in the middle of the night by tackling your feet when you roll over. Nor will I be kicking up a fuss because I'm missing my Mommy.
No sir .... I like a good nights sleep just as much as you do. I already know what the litter box is for and how to navigate through it without getting my feet dirty. I understand that the roll by your 'throne' is not a red carpet for me to roll out.
Even better, I'm already as big and as handsome as I'm going to get .... so it should be easy for you to tell if we will be kindred spirits.
Best of all, I can promise you that I would have more love than anyone could possibly imagine for someone smart enough to make their own luck by opening their home and their heart to a sweet and cuddly fellow like me.

No comments: