Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Maurice

Well hello there, my name is Maurice and I decided to give the kind folks at the Yarmouth SPCA shelter a hand by tooting my own horn. Normally I'm too busy trying to charm everyone who walks by my cage ... but that doesn't seem to be working because I am still here at the shelter.
I know I'm not a kitten anymore... but really we cats are only kittens for such a short time in the space of what can be a twenty year life. Happily, most of us never outgrow the ability to play .... we adults still love our toys and our tunnels and our towers.
We still love to have fun, but we adults have learned a lesson or two along the way. We know how to wipe our feet when we come out of the litter box. We've already figured out that that interesting roll of paper in the bathroom wasn't put there for our amusement. We've discovered that swatting at your pyjama ties doesn't always end well. And of course, we all love a good nights sleep just as much as you do.
To be perfectly honest, I'd be willing to learn anything else that was necessary to settle in with someone sensible enough to see that we secondhand kitties are first rate companions.
Honestly, after all this time at the shelter, I would have so much more love than anyone could possibly imagine for someone kind enough to open their home and their heart to a first rate fellow like me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a Beautiful cat. I wish you where closer to Guysborough.We also have a 5 month old Shituz and He loves cats.We had a 12 year old cat that he loved dearly and they played together every day.We all miss him.We really would love to have another orange kitty.
Linda